The Vehicle Mounted Hydraulic Lorry Loader (often called a lorry loader, vehicle mounted hydraulic loader or by the manufacturer name 'HIAB') operator course will give you the skills to operate the crane safely and efficiently.
You will learn how to carry out a pre-use inspection, operate the various attachments, manoeuvre a variety of loads using the machine, and understand signals given by the slingers and signallers. You will also be able to recall and explain the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
The course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Machine controls and instruments
- Set up for lifting operations
- Basic operations (raising, lowering, slewing)
- Preparing and securing for travel
- Lifting and placing loads at various levels
- Selection and use of attachments
- Load weight assessment
- The principles of safe operation
- Setting up, and policing the working area to ensure effective separation/segregation of pedestrians
Course durations will depend on the number of candidates, and level of experience and complexity of operation, but are typically between 1 and 2 days.
Contact us today to establish how many days you are likely to need.