Since the introduction of the Working at Height Regulations in 2005, there has been a huge increase in the use of these platforms. Although well designed for safety, unsafe use of elevated platforms leads to many deaths every year. Currently, the largest cause of fatal injury in the UK is falling from a height
Safe Handling offer fully accredited training on all MEWP (Mobile Elevating Work Platform) types.
Categories of MEWP
- 1A – Static Vertical – driven into position – cannot drive elevated
- 1B – Static Boom – Mounted and Spider Lift – cannot be driven elevated
- 3A – Mobile Vertical – Can be driven elevated
- 3B – Mobile Boom – Can be driven elevated
All courses include content covering:
- Legal obligations for operators including the implications of the Working at Height Regulations
- Identification of all safety devices applicable to machine type
- Operator safety rules and guidance
- Pre-operational checks
- Set up for use
- Practical use of the work platform
- Practical and associated theoretical knowledge testing
We offer a variety of courses for this type of equipment. There is a normally a maximum ratio of 4 candidates per course. Courses include refresher training including re-test suitable only for candidates who already hold valid certification on the same machine type, conversion training for candidates wishing to convert from one type of machine to another, experienced operator with no previous formal training, and novice.
Course durations will depend on the number of candidates, and level of experience, but are typically between 1 and 2 days. Contact us to establish how many days you are likely to need.
Courses are usually run at your premises using your equipment, but we can hire in machines for training at our site in Sittingbourne if required. There will therefore be an additional charge to cover the cost of hire. Please Contact us for further details.