Wheeled loading shovels come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are often used in construction and agriculture, and increasingly in recycling industries. They are large, heavy, and can be fairly complicated to use. We can train your operators to be able to conduct suitable tasks applicable to machine type.
Course content includes:
- Operating the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carrying out a thorough pre-shift inspection.
- Being able to operate safely under a variety of site conditions.
- Stockpiling, grading, levelling, and vehicle loading
- Being able to carry out minor adjustments in line with manufacturers guidance
- Theoretical content instruction and summary theoretical knowledge testing
- Practical skills testing
The duration of this course will depend on the number of candidates, previous experience, complexity of operation, and machine specification. In practice, the courses last between 1 day and 5 days.