Around 50 people per year are killed and 5000 injured by moving vehicles in the workplace (Statistics HSE, Workplace Transport). Many of these are a direct result of reversing vehicles.
Vehicle incidents additionally cause damage to vehicles, equipment and buildings.
This accredited course covers the skills required to safely assist vehicles reversing on your site.
- Legal obligations related to managing vehicle movements on site
- Maintaining effective pedestrian segregation
- Correct use of PPE to easily identify authorised banksman
- Overcoming language barriers with visiting drivers
- Identification of recognised hand signals to be used
- Ensuring the banksman remains in a safe position throughout the manoeuvre
- Effective planning of vehicle movements for safety
- Dynamic risk assessment of the working area
- Safety film
- Theoretical content testing
- Practical skills appraisal
- Course feedback
1 day (approx. 5-6 hours) Maximum 6 candidates
This course can be fully accredited with ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register).
Please contact us for further details.